Senior Investment Manager – London – £80k – £100k (EJCJL02418)
- Posted 1 week ago
- £80,000 - £100,000
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /www/sites/39e/80c/www.elliottjamesconsulting.com/web/wp-content/themes/elliott-james-consulting/single-job.php on line 25
- Closing Date April 12, 2019
Elliott James is working on behalf of this industry leading City based pension fund, to find a Senior Investment Manager. We are looking for an individual with a broad knowledge of multiple private markets asset classes built up working within an investment management/ consultancy/ private equity firm organisation in a front office role.
- Lead and direct quantitative and qualitative due diligence on prospective private market investments (primary, secondaries and co-investments) and monitor current investments (primary, secondaries and co-investments).
- Prepare investment recommendations/function materials for presentation to the client’s decision-making bodies
- Represent the private markets team at the clients Investment Board and Trustee meetings, where relevant, making recommendations and taking decisions to these forums for approval as appropriate.
- Actively input in the design, production and maintenance of private markets investment models.
- Perform various tasks related to monitoring investments, market research and internal requests.
- Work collaboratively with other functions namely risk, compliance, operations, investment accounts, business assurance and legal departments as required.
- Represent the client at industry forums or investment boards as required.
- Ensure that the private markets function’s approach is communicated clearly to targeted audience of private market participants.
- Provide specialist knowledge and expertise to perform own function effectively. This requires the ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of material across a range of functions outside own area of expertise.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the role and how it aligns with other functions in terms of impacts and dependencies.
- Build strong relationships with colleagues across the investment business and the client to ensure the delivery of the organisation’s strategic and operational objectives.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Credible valuation and modelling skills preferred.
- Genuine interest and enthusiasm for investments and markets.
- Confident in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Organisational skills including project work.
- Ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Proven track record in report writing and presentation skills.
- The ability to communicate complex work to a wider audience through effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Undergraduate degree
- Master’s degree or professional qualification (ACA, CFA, CAIA etc.) preferred