Senior Sales Executive (2017/202)
- Posted 5 months ago
- Closing Date December 22, 2017
Based in the London, the role centres on representing the company in the UK market, and at times across Europe. You will be responsible for our third-party relationships with the ultimate goal of assessing their capability of participating in opportunities on our platform and bringing those relationships to a successful close when opportunities arise. You will also be responsible for maintaining a healthy and successful relationship with our current and prospective partner managers who may be based locally in the UK and / or abroad.
Key Focus Areas/Key Activities
The firm demands a constant professional curiosity and drive, and a commitment to exploring new ideas and challenging tested ones in working at best practice standard for each scenario or project.
Seeking a professional who will be responsible for engaging with third party and day to day management of our Client projects. You would be expected to take leadership on projects and will be expected to meet with both the partner managers to understand their strategies and gain greater affiliation with the internal teams; formulate and implement projects for allocating capital, contribute to the preparation of the supporting documents and be able to suggest areas of improvements to existing documentation where necessary. On the other side, you will be expected to engage very closely with identified professional investors targeting key decision makers during the project cycle.
Engage with third party on investment solutions thus must have strong understanding of markets.
The four key areas of activity are:
Third Party Capital Engagements
- Engage proactively with selected and carefully curated third party list and that of the firm’s
- Initiate meetings / set up roadshow meetings and report progress to the senior management.
- Create new channels and bring third party capital exposure to opportunities on platform to a close.
Relationship Management of Existing professional investors
- Engage proactively with professional investors to understand their investment requirements. Such clients will predominantly be UK based.
- Initiate meetings with professional investors to ensure continuous business updates which will enable building stronger levels of interest for opportunities held on platform
- These activities will include regular update on the markets served as relevant to the firm’s mandates.
Manage New Manager Partners and their Development
- Initiate meetings between the CEO and prospective manager partners to ensure continuous market and assignment updates with the aim of developing interest and awareness.
- Follow up on new client leads.
- As necessary, conduct research into third party appetite for the type of mandates developed and handled by the firm. To also analyse relevant sector information in order to provide the necessary analytical insight required to support the new leads as required.
Follow-up with interested third party capital
- Provide the necessary encouragement and support once external capital has manifested interest in mandates.
- Act as a facilitator, striving to close the investments.
- As and when necessary, provide subsequent updates to investors who have committed to the firm’s assignments.
At least 8 years successful and active involvement in the local investment management sector and strong sales track record. A rolodex of key decision makers from the Capital Holders universe is a definite advantage.
Must have experience in raising private assets funds and / or global alternatives strategies. The platform includes managers implementing global hedged strategies and growth and growing economies private equity / private debt funds. A good understanding of the alternative investments including private equity strategies is a must as is an understanding of growth and growing economies of Africa, Asia and the CEE regions; acknowledging relationships with their developed counterparties. Must have worked in at least one of these areas as an asset gatherer.
A natural flair and obsession with building long-term relationships, as well as being able to sell, and close deals.
Possessing sufficient maturity and gravitas to deal successfully with Capital Holders including HNWI but especially institutional investors.
An entrepreneurial spirit, willing to help develop the growth and reputation of the firm.
Must hold at least the IMC or completed CFA Level I as minimum plus Bachelor’s degree
CF30 most desirable.