Operation Due Diligence Analyst (2017/696)
- Posted 1 year ago
- £40,000 - £50,000
- Closing Date December 15, 2017
This is a specialist role and will suit a hard-working individual seeking to gain experience in a successful, growing investment management firm.
The role will report to the Head of Operational Due Diligence and will be tasked with conducting operational due diligence on investment funds. Prior operational due diligence experience from an asset management, consulting firm or similar will be an advantage and the candidate must have a strong understanding of the fund industry and financial markets.
The duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Conduct operational due diligence on long only funds, hedge funds, private equity funds, private credit funds, real estate funds and exchange traded funds and their investment managers
- Carry out detailed reviews of fund offering documents, policies and procedures, internal controls reports, audited financial statements etc.
- Monitor existing fund investments
- Prepare detailed operational due diligence reports that are presented to the fund selection committee
- Keep abreast of industry and regulatory changes affecting the fund industry
- Oversee the security database; assist with trading queries, rebates, side-letters etc.
- Participate in ad hoc internal projects as needed
If you have
- strong numerical ability and high attention to detail
- an interest in performing a critical role whilst learning in a fast-paced, highly skilled environment
- solid understanding of the institutional investment industry and investment processes
- excellent verbal and written communication skills – able to ask the right questions and a proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues
- a strong work ethic, a “can do” attitude and the ability to work under pressure
- ability to work autonomously and effectively with internal and external relations
- A track record of building strong working relationships both internally and externally
If you are
- highly organised and excited by the opportunity to work in a dedicated and hardworking team within a rapidly growing company
- highly motivated and capable of seeing projects through from beginning to end
- flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
- a results oriented individual – a flexible thinker willing to do “whatever it takes”
- discrete and mature
- a team player